Sunday, November 30, 2008

Fun and new finds in the Library

I have just recently started volunteering in our church library and I really enjoy it. Today, as I was working, I discovered four books that I either wish to add to my own library or to give to love ones. I thought I would share them with you:

*"Jesus Shows Me How to Pray" by Gayle Lintz. This book is very simple and I think would be great for any child that is just learning how to pray.

*"The Parable of the Lily" by Liz Curtis Higgs. Young Maggie learns some important lessons that could belief children of all ages, 3-103.

*By authors, Dr. Kevin Leman (The New Birth Order) and Kevin Leman II, the book, "My Middle Child, There's No One Like You." I can't wait for my 2 year old niece, the middle child, to be able to enjoy this one. It is so beautifully written! This book is part of a series of three, the other two are: "My Youngest, There's No One Like You" and "My Firstborn, There's No One Like You." I will have to get all three of these for my youngest sister to give her children.

* And lastly in today's find: "The Little Old Man Who could Not Read" by Irma Simonton Black. I am crazy about this one!!!! It is about my passion that EVERY human being learns to read! The text copyright is 1968, I will probably have to eBay or Amazon for copies of this one?!?!

Happy Holidays and Keep On Reading,

Miss Jane

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Jane,
I like your blog, You have some great points... Keep up the good work!! God Bless,
Rep. Eric Watson

Video Promotions said...

I like Dr. Kevin Leman too. I met him when helping him produce his video series "Value Packed Parenting."

Since then, I've supported his efforts to make parenting easier by devoting a blog to his video series.
Watch a short clip from Making Children Mind without Losing Yours
at KevinLemanVideos.blogspot.com

I think his latest book release "How to Have a New Kid by Friday" is good too.